Can it be that another week has passed, and it’s Frugal Friday once again?! After seeing Lizzi share all her favourite wallet-friendly cosmetics, I felt inspired to step outside my luxury cosmetics comfort zone, and create my very own Frugal Friday Face of the Day. Here’s what I came up with:
- I began by applying essence my base skin perfection makeup base all over my face.
- I applied Face of Australia Anti-Ageing Stick Foundation in Outback Ivory in “warpaint” style stripes across my cheeks and forehead, then used the warmth of my fingers to blend this across my face, and work it into my skin.
- I followed this by applying Face of Australia Concealer in Neutral under my eyes, on my naso-labial folds and my chin, where I am prone to redness. I used my fingers to meld this with my skin.
- I used essence soft touch mousse make-up in 03 matt honey, which is much too dark for me, as a contour. I blended it under my cheekbones, into my temples, under my jawline, down the sides of my nose and under my bottom lip. It blended like a dream.
- After contouring, I took the essence I <3 RUNWAY highlighter pen and twisted some product onto my fingers. I pressed this into the tops of my cheekbones, down the bridge of my nose and across my top lipline. I will warn you that this is an extremely glittery highlighter, so may not be suitable for daytime wear.
- After letting these products settle into my skin for a few minutes, I took a fluffy brush and dusted Milani Baked Blush in 05 Luminoso across the tops of my cheeks.
- As always, I started with an eyeshadow primer. Today I chose the essence I <3 STAGE eyeshadow base.
- I wanted to make sure my eyeshadows popped, so I applied a white base over the primer. I chose NYX Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk, and blended it out with my finger.
- The eyeshadow palette I used was the Australis Paparazzi Perfect High Definition Eyeshadow palette in Totally Busted. I used the white shade on my browbone, the peach on the inner 2/3 of my mobile lid, and the pink on the outer 1/3 of my mobile lid and blended up into my crease. I used the purple shade under my eye, and blended it up to create a framework for the winged eyeliner I was planning. These eyeshadows are moderately pigmented, and very creamy, so they feel beautiful, but they are very soft, which can make them prone to fall-out and overblending.
- I used Maybelline Color Tattoo in Edgy Emerald as a gel eyeliner, and created quite a thick winged eyeliner, following the line I created with the purple shadow.
- To further define my eye I used essence liquid eyeliner on an ultra-fine eyeliner brush to define the bottom of the wing and the outer 2/3 of my lashline, and I used essence kajal pencil in black to tightline my eyes.
- I used essence sun club 100% splash-proof ultra length and curl mascara, which (just quietly) was a little disappointing. The formula was extremely dry, and I struggled to get it to adhere to my lashes.
- I finished the eyes by defining my brows with NYX eye/eyebrow pencil in 904 Light Brown.
- I wanted a defined lipline, and plumper looking lips, so I used essence lipliner in 03 Hot Chocolate to define my lipline. While I didn’t fill in my lips completely, I did feather the colour into my lips, to avoid the dreaded 90’s lipline.
- I finished the look with a coat of essence REBELS soft matte lipgloss in 01 Mauve Like A Rockstar.
Have you tried any of the products I used in today’s look? What did you think of them? What’s your favourite frugal makeup item?