Day 2 of my May 2011 FOTD Challenge and the theme today is Rock Chic. I decided to focus more on the Rock and less on the Chic. The ‘character’ I created in my head for this look had spent the day at a music festival dancing and getting sweaty and dirty, and I wanted the makeup to have a “worn in” look.
I was inspired by Jordan Liberty, Dustin Hunter and C Clare Bear, and have included links to the relevant inspirations.
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion in “Original”
- Nyx Jumbo Pencil in “Black Bean”
- Nyx Jumbo Pencil in “Purple Velvet”
- Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in “Bulletproof”
- Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in “Poison Plum”
- Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in “Perversion”
- Sax eyeliner pencil in “Platinum”
- Benefit “Bad Gal Lash” mascara
- Vaseline (to greasy/glossy up my eyelids)
- MAC Studio Finish concealer in “NW15”
- MAC Face & Body in “N1”
- Gorgeous Cosmetics pressed bronzer in “Endless Summer”
- Face of Australia Eye Primer in “Shimmer” (used as a facial highlighter)
- Maybelline Lipstick in “550 Sand”
- Face of Australia Molten Metallics in “Iron Ore”
Are you a fan of the “Rock Chic” look, or do you prefer a cleaner, mare natural makeup look?
Face of Australia, Sax and Gorgeous Cosmetics products were provided for consideration. All other products were purchased by me. I have no affiliation with any of the companies mentioned and have not been remunerated for this post. All opinions are my own.