A few months ago my BFF volunteered (read: was strong-armed) to be my model for a smoky eye tutorial. Sadly, the combination of a few glasses of wine and poor lighting meant that all but one of the pictures were completely unusable. The finished look was, however, quite pretty, so I wanted to share the one picture that wasn’t a complete disaster!
Behold, my “Purple Haze” smoky eye:
This was a very simple look to achieve.
- I started with a very thin base of NYX Black Bean Jumbo Pencil, blended all over the lid.
- I applied Sugarpill Bulletproof (matte black) along the lashline with a pencil brush, and blended it up using a clean fluffy blending brush. I repeated these steps until I had achieved my desired intensity with the black.
- I applied Sugarpill Poison Plum (matte-ish satin purple) along the top edge of the black using a dense, stubby blending brush and worked it toward the crease with a clean fluffy blending brush.
- I used another dense, stubby blending brush to apply Urban Decay Naked (soft taupe) along the edge of the purple to soften the transition to bare skin.
- I used a very tiny flat shader brush to apply Sugarpill Magentric (metallic pink with green microglitter) to the inner corner of the eye.
- Although not visible in this picture, I used a pencil brush to apply a mixture of Sugarpill Bulletproof andSugarpill Poison Plum under the eye, and blended it ut with my clean fluffy blending brush.
- I finished to look with a lick of mascara and some generic false lashes.
Would you be interested in a video tutorial for this look? Let me know in the comments below.