Happy “Makeover” Monday! With the theme of the current Makeup Utopia Challenge being “Old Hollywood”, I wanted to create something classic, virtually timeless and incredibly popular – Pin-up style! I took my inspiration largely from a look created by the late great Kevyn Aucoin, in his book Making Faces, on the beautiful Lisa Marie Presley. Here’s how it turned out:
For some reason I really struggled with my false lashes today. This was made more unfortunate by the fact that I had no dark lash glue. In the images where I’m looking down you can really see the mess of latex glue over the eyeliner.
I’m still posting these pictures – it’s important to share the good and the bad. I firmly believe in being honest with the Makeup Utopia community, and never photoshopping my FOTD images.
- L’Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
- Revlon Photo-Ready Makeup in 001 Ivory
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer in Fair 1
- M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light
- Inglot Eyeshadow in Matte #378 Dark Brown (brows)
- Inglot Eyeshadow in Matte #390 Taupe (crease)
- Inglot Eyeshadow in Matte #352 Flesh (lid)
- Inglot Eyeshadow in Pearl #453 White (lid and brow highlight)
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow in Secret Service (lower lashline)
- Inglot Gel Eyeliner in #77
- NYX Pencil Eyeliner in White
- Benefit Bad Gal Lash Mascara in Black
- Maybelline One by One Volume Express in Blackest Black
- Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes in Black
- Duo Lash Glue
- NYX Lipliner in 830 Currant
- Ciccone Lipstick in Voluptas
- Illamasqua Pure Pigment in Berber
- Illamasqua Blush in Nymph
Have you mastered the art of pin-up girl makeup? How do you get your eyeliner flicks to sit perfectly?