Happy Monday! Can you believe it – another fortnight down, another Makeup Utopia Challenge! This fortnight the challenge is Old Hollywood.
My first thought was to try and recreate Marilyn Monroe’s signature look. I quickly got distracted by the thought of emulating Audrey Hepburn’s gamine beauty. However when I sat down at my makeup station it was Marlene Dietrich’s style circa 1942-ish that I was inspired to create. I hope you enjoy!
Please note – the colour images below are completely unedited. I have edited the sepia and black and white images to appear era-appropriate.
- Ben Nye Nose & Scar Wax (not pictured)
- L’Oreal Infallible Makeup in Classic Ivory 603
- M.A.C Studio Fix in NW15
- Collection 2000 Lasting Perfection Concealer in Fair
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Disobey
- Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Bulletproof
- Urban Decay Pressed Eyeshadow in Secret Service
- NYX Auto Eye Pencil in Brown
- Maybelline SuperStay Lip Liner in Bordeaux*
- Ciccone Lipstick in Voluptas*
- Duo Eyelash Glue
- Lash Republic False Eyelashes in Accentuate SC02
* signifies a product provided for editorial consideration. All other products are purchased products.
Feeling inspired? Why not create your own “Old Hollywood” inspired face of the day or nail of the day and share it on your website or social media accounts?
Make sure you never miss a post from Makeup Utopia – subscribe to our magazine for daily updates in your reader or email. It’s free! Subscribe Here.