Over the last few months I have been hard at work evaluating where I would like to take Makeup Utopia in the future, and where I would like it to take me. I’ve redesigned the site, but more importantly, I’ve redesigned my personal approach to blogging.
I don’t want to be an enabler of frivolous spending, I aspire to be an educator. In order to facilitate this, I want to start sharing regular videos here on Makeup Utopia. It’s all well and good for me to share a Face of the Day, but it’s much easier to share techniques on video.
In this video, I share the makeup that I wear if I need to look polished and presentable and I don’t have a lot of time. It’s not even close to perfect, but it’s the first video I’ve made on my SLR, and the second video I’ve ever made, so I hope to learn quickly and increase the quality of my videos.
There is a bit of background noise, because I had my one year old “assistant” with me, and if you watch until the end, you’ll get to meet him!
If you’re often in a hurry, you can pick up some tips and tricks to getting out the door fast, as well as a step by step guide to create 10 different looks in 5, 10 and 15 minutes in my first e-Book, Express Makeup.
If you’re explicitly interested in the products I used, they were:
- Ellis Faas Foundation
- Urban Decay Naked Skin Concealer
- Collection Lasting Perfection Ultimate Wear Concealer
- Sephora #56 Pro Flawless Airbrush
- Hourglass Ambient Blush Palette
- Hourglass Ambient Lighting Palette
- NARS Yachiyo Kabuki Brush
- Sigma P88 Precision Flat Angled Brush (sent to me for consideration)
- Soap and Glory Archery Brow Tint and Precision Pencil in Love is Blonde
- Maybelline Pumped Up Colossal Mascara
- Makeup Forever Aqua Lip Lipliner in O4C
- By Terry Rouge Terrybly Lipstick in #101 Flirty Rosy
You definitely don’t need to use the exact products I have used, if you have products that are similar colours and/or textures, you can totally substitute them.
If you shop from the links above, I receive a small commission. If you do choose to purchase through these links, thank you, you help me to be able to afford to keep Makeup Utopia running.