Welcome to another week here at Makeup Utopia. As always, we’re starting the week with a Face of the Day based on the current Makeup Utopia challenge. The current challenge is Alex Box inspired, and this look is based off the Illamasqua Valentine’s 2011 collection, “Throb”.
I have to say I was pleasantly surprised with how this makeup turned out. If you’re unfamiliar with the campaign that inspired me, you can see the original HERE.
The only thing I would change is the colour of the blush. I used a very pink-toned blush, and in the original campaign the blush was much more peach-toned.
- L’Oreal Paris Studio Secrets Magic Perfecting Base
- Showface Cream Foundation in #11-Gothic
- Graftobian HD Glamour Creme Foundation in #30311 Show Stopper, #30316 Diva and #30362 Chestnut
- Australis Ready Set Go Finishing Powder*
- Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Tako
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Disobey
- Shu Uemura Glow-on Blush in P medium pink 365*
- Urban Decay Pressed Eyeshadow in Naked
- Urban Decay Pressed Eyeshadow in Buck
- Face of Australia Liquid Eyeliner in Black*
- Maybelline One-by-One Volum’ Express Mascara in Black*
- NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in 912 Charcoal (to sketch out shape)
- Inglot Eyeliner Gel Matte in #77
- L’Oreal Colour Riche Anti-feathering lipliner in Scarlett Glamour
- MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo
- L’Oreal Glam Shine 6H Gloss Brilliance in Timeless Ruby
* signifies products that have been provided for editorial consideration.
What’s your favourite look created by Alex Box? Are you as in love with all Illamasqua’s campaigns as I am? What do you think is the greatest campaign image of all time? Let me know in the comments below!