I know, I know, we’re supposed to have a new Makeup Utopia challenge this week, but I couldn’t move on from the Hunger Games challenge without doing a Capitol inspired Face of the Day.
When I was selecting products to create this look, I considered which brands would truly embrace the eccentric and colourful style of the Capitol, and it was Illamasqua and Sugarpill that immediately came to mind. The makeup in this look is exclusively from these two brands, with the only exception being the eyelashes and eyelash glue.
I wanted to dye my hair purple especially for this look, but I didn’t want to fry it with an at-home bleach job, so I just did a dip dye on the ends. If you look closely at my top knot, you can see some of the purple coming through.
- Illamasqua Fundamental Palette (Powder Shadow in Hype (yellow) on inner corner and Inception (purple) on outer corner, Cream Pigment in Bedaub (mint green) from crease to brow bone, Liquid Metal in Surge (pewter) on peak of brow bone)
- Sugarpill Dollipop Pressed Eyeshadow (middle of eyelid)
- Sugarpill Midori Pressed Eyeshadow (lower faux lashes)
- Shu Uemura Oriental Arch False Lashes
- Duo Lash Glue
- Sugarpill Poison Plum Pressed Eyeshadow
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 01
- Sugarpill Magentric Chromalust (as blush)
- Sugarpill Tiara Chromalust (as illuminator)
- Illamasqua Apocalips Lipstick
- Illamasqua Surge Liquid Metal (highlight top lip)
Do you love the concept of Capitol Style?