When I added the theme “Flower Child” to my FOTD calendar, I originally was thinking of doing something inspired by the late Kevyn Aucoin’s iconic makeover of Julianne Moore:
However looking back over my previous run of FOTD posts, they have all been relatively unwearable, and I really want to make sure I am delivering a good mix of wearable and crazy looks. I decided instead to focus on a very neutral, earthy look. Interestingly enough, this is something that is way outside my comfort zone. I don’t wear a lot of earth tones, so I was actually quite challenged by this look. Here is what I ended up with:
I’m a little embarrassed to reveal the products I used, as one in particular is reeeeeally old, but I have many many backups as I love it…. I would never use it on anyone but myself…anyway, here is the breakdown. I don’t have precise product numbers etc as I do not have the products with me right now. If there is anything you would like more specifics on, let me know.
- L’Oreal Base Perfecting Primer
- MAC Face & Body in N1
- A random cheek tint
- Revlon Skinlights (this product is my dirty little secret. I hate to even think how long it has been discontinued for…)
- MAC MSFN in NW15
- MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW15
- Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Blush in Sheer Mauve*
- Urban Decay Primer Potion
- MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
- A selection of shadows from the NYX Nude on Nude long palette
- Maybelline Lash Stiletto in Brownish Black
- MAC Viva Glam V lipstick
- Face of Australia Divine Shine Lip Plumper in Lavish Instincts*
Are you a flower child? How comfortable are you when wearing earthy tones?
Some of the products used were provided for consideration in accordance with my disclosure policy. I have no affiliation with any companies mentioned in this post and have not been remunerated for posting this. All opinions are my own.