I have a confession to make. Until 3 months ago, my makeup kit/collection was a shrine to excess. I had a room in my house dedicated to storing it, and most of the products languished untouched and unloved.
Three months ago a decision was made that forced me to reevaluate every piece of makeup in my collection. My husband and I decided to pack up our lives and relocate from the beautiful Blue Mountains west of Sydney, Australia, to Rotterdam, the second largest city in the Netherlands. Not only have we gone from a 3 bedroom home in the ‘burbs to inner city living, but everything that we wanted immediate access to had to be packed into our meagre luggage allowance.
Now I’ll be honest and tell you that I do have a small box of makeup being shipped here on top of what I’m showing you today – it’s the makeup I couldn’t bear to part with, or the makeup that may not be ideal for me, but is essential to my professional kit. However that may not arrive for up to 4 months, so this really, truly is a snapshot of the makeup I could not bear to be parted with.
- Illamasqua HydraVeil
- Dermalogica SkinPerfect Primer*
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua in 10 Beige
- MAC Face & Body in C1
- FACEAtelier Pro Ultra Foundation in 1
- Dermalogica Ultra Sensitive Tint*
- Smashbox Camera Ready CC Cream in Light*
- MAC Mineralize Moisture Foundation in NC15*
- Benefit Fake-Up in Light*
- Maybelline Instant Age Rewind Dark Circle Eraser in Fair
- MAC Studio Finish Concealer in NW15
- Australis Conceal Correct Palette
- MAC Prep + Prime Highlighter in Radiant Rose*
- Skindinavia Bridal Makeup Finish Ultra Fine Long Wear Makeup Setting Spray
- Laura Mercier Invisible Pressed Setting Powder in Universal
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Light
- MAC Sculpting Creme in Pure Sculpture*
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Disobey
- Benefot Hoola Bronzer
- Illamasqua Gleam Illuminator
- NARS Albatross
- BECCA Shimmering Skin Perfector in Pearl
- The Balm Mary-Lou-manizer*
- Le Metier De Beaute Blush Kaleidoscope
- BECCA Lip and Cheek Palette in Dusty Rose
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Naked Rose*
- MAC Sheertone Blush in Peaches
- Tarte Amazonian Clay 12 Hour Blush in Peaceful
- Cailyn Gelux Linefix Eyebrow in Hazelnut
- Face of Australia HD Eyebrow Kit
- Anastasia Stencils
- MAC Fluidline Brow Gelcreme in Redhead
- Billion Dollar Brows “A Hint of Tint” Tinted Brow Gel in Blonde
- Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Wiz in Ash Blonde
- Smashbox Photo Finish Hydrating Under Eye Primer*
- Benefot Stay Don’t Stray Eyeshadow Primer
- MAC Paint Pot in Groundwork*
- MAC Paint Pot in Rubenesque
- Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion (original)
- Wet’n’Wild Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells
- BECCA Ultimate Eye Colour Quad in Galactica*
- Urban Decay Naked Basics 1
- MAC x Pedro Lourenco Nude Quad
- Urban Decay Naked Palette
- Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette
- Urban Decay Naked 3 Palette
- MAC Fluidline in Rich Ground
- Illamasqua Precision Gel Liner in Infinity
- Shu Uemura Liquid Eyeliner (metallic silver)
- MAC Fluidline in Brassy
- Benefit They’re Real!
- Too Faced LashGASM
- Smashbox Photo Op Eye Brightening Mascara*
As I didn’t have room for most of my wild and wacky brisghtly coloured makeup, I brought a wide selection of pencils. They allow me the freedom to create less wearable, more editorial looks, and take little to no room in my luggage.
L’Oreal Color Riche Le Kohl in White; Rimmel Scandal’eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Light Blue; Rimmel Scandal’Eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Nude; Illamasqua Coloring Pencil in Vow; Urban Decay Midnight Cowboy; Shu Uemura Drawing Pencil in Pearly Gold*; Cargo The Reverse Lip Liner in 02; Mirenesse Stretchable Waterproof Colour in Ra*; Urban Decay Baked; Rimmel Scandal’eyes Waterproof Kohl Kajal in Taupe; Bourjois Metalisse in Feuille de cuivre; Urban Decay Stray Dog; Urban Decay Bourbon; Urban Decay Stash; Mirenesse Stretchable Waterproof Colour in Osiris*; Urban Decay in Corrupt; Mirenesse Stretchable Waterproof Colour in Atum*; Urban Decay in Mildew; Bourjois Metalisse in Vert pepite; Urban Decay in Electric; Urban Decay in Binge; Mirenesse Stretchable Waterproof Colour in Khnum*; Estee Lauder Pure Colour Eyeliner in Blackened Sapphire*; Urban Decay in Ransom; Mirenesse Stretchable Waterproof Colour in Hathor.
Urban Decay Asphyxia; Bourjois DuoChrome in Violet Rose; Urban Decay Rockstar; Urban Decay Uzi; Bobbi Brown Long Wear Eye Pencil in Jet; Urban Decay Zero; MAC Eye Kohl in Teddy*; Urban Decay Perversion; Lord & Berry Smudgeproof Waterproof Eye Pencil in #701 In The Black*; Calvin Klein Brow Pencil in Brunette; Napoleon Perdis Browliner in Blond; Calvin Klein Brow Pencil in Blonde; Napoleon Perdis Lipliner in Nude Awakening; Maybelline Line Stylist Lip Pencil in Nude; Face of Australia Mechanical Lip Liner in Nude*; Beauty Without Cruelty Lipliner in Brown; L’Oreal Color Riche Lipliner in Forever Rose; Gorgeous Cosmetics Lipliner in Entourage; Natural Compatibles Lip Filler in Cool Nude*; Napoleon Perdis Lipliner in Dream; Face of Australia Mechanical Lipliner in Pink*; Lord & Berry Flat Lip Liner in Rouge*; Inglot Soft Precision Lipliner in 60; L’Oreal Color Riche Lipliner in Scarlett Glamour; NYX Eye/Eyebrow Pencil in Copper; NYX Lip Pencil in Cabaret; NYX Lip Pencil in Currant.
- YSL Rouge Volupte in #8
- Lanolips Apples
- Bite Beauty High Pigment Lip Pencil in Grapevine
- Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion
- MAC x Pedro Lourenco Ruby
- MAC Innocence, Beware!*
- MAC Viva Glam V
- MAC Lady Danger*
- MAC x Pedro Lourenco Roxo
- LimeCrime Velvetine in Wicked
- LimeCrime Velvetine in Red Velvet
- LimeCrime Velvetine in Pink Velvet
- Lancome Rouge in Love 163M Dans Ses Bras*
- Lipstick Queen Medieval
- Lipstick Queen Trance
- Lipstick Queen Saint Nude
- Lancome Rouge in Love 377N Midnight Rose
- Illamasqua Matte Lipstick in Resist*
- Illamasqua Matte Lipstick in Eurydice
- Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour in Glinda
- Urban Decay Super Saturated High Gloss Lip Colour in Theodora
As you can see, I have a bit of a problem with red lipstick (as in, I just can’t get enough!) and I’m slightly addicted to brow products.
Where possible, I have linked to my reviews of these products. If there is anything that you would like a review or comparison of, please let me know and I’ll be only too happy to oblige.
Do you use any of these products? Are they your favourites too? If you were moving overseas and had to pack your whole life into a suitcase, what makeup would you find room for? Let me know in the comments below.