Welcome to a new fortnight and a brand new Makeup Utopia Challenge. This fortnight the theme is Disney Princesses! I took my inspiration from the only redhead in the Disney franchise – Ariel, the little mermaid.
Like most of the Disney Princesses, Ariel didn’t actually wear makeup, so rather than imitating her look, I was inspired by the colours she wore. Her shell bra is purple and her tail is sea green.
If you’re not sure what Ariel looks like, click here to see a few pictures.
- For this makeup look I started with my eyes.
- I applied a base of NYX jumbo pencils – Oyster on my lid and Horse Raddish (that’s how it’s spelled on the product) above my crease.
- I applied Sugarpill Chromalust in Paperdoll onto my lid, stopping at the crease.
- I applied Naked Cosmetics Ivory Stack #IV-03 into my inner corner.
- I blended the lightest colour from the Stila Bronze Glow baked trio onto my browbone.
- I blended a mixture of Sugarpill Midori pressed eyeshadow and Sugarpill Tako pressed eyeshadow into my crease.
- I darkened up along the crease line with Sugarpill Midori pressed eyeshadow.
- I used Inglot Liquid Eyeliner in #38 to line my top lashline.
- I lined my waterline with NYX Eyebrow pencil in white.
- I applied Maybelline One-by-One Volum’ Express Mascara* to my upper lashes.
- I applied a number of individual cluster lashes along my top lashline, keeping the longest lashes in the centre of my eyelid and tapering down on each side.
- I used Urban Decay pressed eyeshadow in Secret Service to fill in my brows.
- I applied Laura Mercier Foundation Primer all over my face with my fingers.
- I then used Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum in #51 all over.
- I concealed using M.A.C Studio Finish concealer in NW15.
- I powdered my face using M.A.C Mineralize Skinfinish in Light using a duofibre brush.
- I used Sugarpill Dollipop pressed eyeshadow as a blush on the backs of my cheeks.
- Lips were quick and easy, I applied NYX Round Lipstick in Fig.
* signifies a product that was provided for editorial consideration. All other products used were purchased products.