Today’s FOTD inspiration is the mother of modern makeup, Cleopatra. I want to send a shout out to Ling, who suggested this look for the challenge, and I really hope she decided to participate!
Please excuse the dodgy hair I painted on in MS paint (yeah I have mad skillz) but it looks more cleopatra-ish like this. Somehow red and purple hair doesn’t lend itself to this look!
Sadly I feel that this makeup translated a lot better in real life than it did on camera. I wanted to create an almost statue like look, like I had been cast in metal, so I went overboard on the gold highlighter. (Word of warning – too much highlighter makes you look oily and sweaty in photos. This I know, so why did I do it? Lets blame temporary insanity.)
- Face of Australia Face Base Primer
- Face of Australia Mineral Therapy Liquid Foundation in Beige
- MAC Studio Finish concealer in NW15
- MAC Studio Fix powder in NW15
- NYX Dramatic Chromatic eyeshadow pigment in Mink (used as a highlighter)
- Face of Australia Mineral Therapy blush in Sheer Mauve (used as a contour)
- Urban Decay primer potion
- Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Afterparty
- Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Tako
- Sugarpill pressed eyeshadow in Bulletproof
- Inglot pigment in #26
- Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Perversion
- Almay Get up and Grow mascara (available August)
- L’Oreal Glam Shine 6h Gloss Brilliance in Timeless ruby (used as a stain)
Have you ever dressed as Cleopatra for a fancy dress party? Do you love my wicked photoshop skills?
Some of the products used were provided for consideration in accordance with my disclosure policy. I have no affiliation with any companies mentioned in this post and have not been remunerated for posting this. All opinions are my own.