If you have been a Makeup Utopia reader for a while, you will know that I like to keep my weekly Face of the Day in theme with the current challenge. I’ve done that again this week, but added a slightly gothic twist. Behold, my twisted Snow White:
This all came about because I didn’t even START this look until after dark last night. I knew that lighting would be a struggle and I needed something that would work in the semi-dark.
My inspiration was Snow White, having just taken a bite of the Wicked Queens apple, and becoming corrupted by its poison.
- Covergirl & Olay Simply Ageless Serum Primer.
- Showface cream foundation applied to my face, neck and ears.
- Temptu Pro S/B Airbrush Highlighter in Pink Pearl applied with a foundation brush to the high points of my face.
- Australis Ready, Set, Go Finishing Powder* applied all over my face and neck to set.
- Sugarpill Tako Pressed Eyeshadow applied with a small fluffy brush to the high points of my face.
- Sugarpill Love+ Pressed Eyeshadow applied with a VERY light touch with a duofibre brush as a blush.
- Illamasqua Disobey Blusher (not pictured) applied as a contour.
- Urban Decay Primer Potion applied all over top and bottom eyelids.
- Sugarpill Tako as browbone highlight.
- Urban Decay Naked (from the Naked Palette) blended heavily into crease and under eyes.
- Bright Red shade from Ben Nye “Severe Exposure” colour wheel applied along upper lashline and blended out (CAUTION – I do not know if this is classed as eye-safe. Please do not use it on your eyes unless you have checked this).
- Sugarpill Love+ blended over the top of the Ben Nye cream colour, and using a pencil brush, under the lower lashline.
- Sugarpill Tako as an inner corner highlight.
- Inglot Gel Eyeliner #77 applied thickly along upper lashline and winged out.
- LimeLily Waterproof Eye Pencil in Black applied along lower lashline and blended out.
- Maybelline Great Lash Lots of Lashes Mascara.
- LimeLily Waterproof Eye Pencil in Black.
- Inglot Eyeshadow Matte 378
- MeMeMe Pussy Cat Lip Stain*
- Bloody Mary Gothic Blood (NOT LIP SAFE – I don’t endorse using this near your eyes or mouth. Do as I say, not as I do).
*Products in italics were provided for editorial consideration.