Hi, I’m Katherine for The Perfect Lipstick and I’ve snuck in to Makeup Utopia today to show you my interpretation of a couple of trends that are hot right now for the colder months.
Two I’m particularly into at the moment are the cat’s eye and the fairly natural face with a burst of coral on the lips. In keeping with the trend, I downplayed the cat’s eye to keep the attention on the lips for a day time look.
I used a mineral primer and foundation to get a fairly matte but light coverage for my base.
I wanted to keep the colouring warm with pink and peach hues for both my eyes and cheeks so my lips weren’t too extreme.
I used a combination of liquid and pencil eyeliner to enhance the subtle cat’s eye effect to try and elongate my eyes but keep it simple.
- Napoleon Mineral Matte Primer,
- Napoleon Mineral Foundation in Look 1,
- Revlon Colour Stays Blemish Concealer in Fair,
- Napoleon Camera Finish Powder in Look B2
- Clinique Colour Surge quad eye shadow in Beach Plum, Strawberry Fudge, and Mink Duo,
- Napoleon eye liner in Onyx,
- Nation liquid eyeliner in black,
- Max Factor Xtreme Volumising Mascara in black
- Clinique Blushing Blush Powder in Smouldering Plum
- Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in Kiss Me Coral
What are your favourite make up trends for the new season?