For this week’s Halloween-insired makeup look, I acquiesced to the request from my 4 year old daughter, and turned myself into a fairy.
Somehow, my dark and twisted aesthetic made its way into this makeup look, and I ended up with something of a dark fairy – Miss 4 was still very happy.
Funny story – by the time I finished this makeup, it was 2:30pm, and we had nothing in the house for lunch, and everyone was STARVING, so I popped out to my local supermarket wearing this makeup. Even funnier, I live in a relatively bohemian area, so people bearely even batted an eyelid!
If I was to recreate this makeup again, I would block my eyebrows out properly, as it is the one aspect of the completed look I am not happy with.
It’s amazing how much the colour of your hair can change a whole look. I swapped out my black wig for my blonde wig, and suddenly this fairy doesn’t look nearly so wicked!
Which look do you prefer? Dark and evil or blonde and good?
- Ben Nye Lumiere Creme Color in Cosmic Violet*
- Ben Nye Lumiere Grande Colour in Cosmic Violet
- Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Tako
- Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Poison Plum
- Naked Cosmetics Loose Pigment in #IV-03 (from the Ivory stack)
- Inglot Pressed Eyeshadow in DS493
- Mirenesse Gel Eyeliner in Purple Tart
- Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner Pencil in Asphyxia
- Makeup Store Strazz Swarovski Crystals in Tabac
- Off-branded Scrapbooking Crystals
- GlamEyes by Manicare Madonna Lashes
- Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Velocity
- Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Mochi
- Off-branded Scrapbooking Pearls
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 05
- Illamasqua Skin Base Foundation in 01*
- Illamasqua Powder Blusher in Nymph
- Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Dollipop
- The Balm Mary-Lou Manizer*
- Physicians Formula for Brown Eyes Purple Eyeliner Pencil*
- LimeCrime D’Lilac Lipstick
- LimeCrime Snowsicle Lipgloss
Products marked with * were provided for editorial consideration. All other products were purchased by M|U.